Sunday, January 20, 2008


Sunday, January 20th

It's 25 degrees at the farm this morning. Not the 17 that was predicted but far too cold for me! The snow yesterday didn't stick around very long. The birds are all emptying the feeders as fast as I can fill them. Today we have American Goldfinches - at least 50 on one feeder - Purple finches, Cardinals, Titmice, Sparrows, Chickadees, Downy woodpeckers, Red-bellied woodpeckers, Doves, Bluebirds, Junkos, and a Cowbird.

Cathy and the grandkids are coming today from Columbia and Tim is coming from Charleston. I think we'll all go back to the house where it's warm!

I really need to get busy packing for India. I've packed the Canon stuff but nothing else yet. Here is what I'm planning to take Leicawise:

21/2.8 (maybe - haven't decided about this one for sure)
24/2.8 ASPH
35/1.4
35/2.0 ASPH
50/1.0 Noctilux
75/1.4
90/2 - the big silver one
Maybe the 135 but I haven't decided about that one yet either.

And the 12 Voigtlander. I'm taking the M7 and 20 rolls of Provia just in case something happens to my M8. I'm pretty sure the lens I'll use the most is the 35/1.4. That's the one that stays on my M8 most of the time.

On the Canon 5D, I imagine I'll use the 85/1.2 most - even though that combination is huge!

My Leica stuff will all go in a Lowepro backpack with my computer and the Canon stuff is in the roll-on Delsey.

Tina

No comments: