Saturday, January 26, 2008

Independence Day

080126

After a delicious breakfast buffet of dosai-masala, idli, vada, uthappam and lassi, we watched about 10 minutes of the Independence Day celebration on TV. Then we headed out on a walk by ourselves. All of the streets were closed because of security so there was almost no traffic. We ended up at a couple of Hindu temples where the people welcomed us inside and encouraged me to take photos! The other temples we had been to strictly forbid photography.









We stayed there most of the morning and then went with the guide to more monuments, temples and markets in the afternoon.







I ended up taking the M8 and M7. The big disadvantage to the film camera is that I won’t know what I got until I get back home! I kept looking at the back after each photo but no photos showed up. I kept the 75/1.4 on the M8 and the 24/2.8 on the M7 most of the time. 236 digital photos and 186 film ones.

Tomorrow we leave early for the drive to Haridwar. I hope I’ll be able to find an internet connection there! So far everything has gone very well on this trip.

No comments: