Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Peru

Where to begin? We’ve been in Peru for 8 days. We’ve driven 1182 kilometers. So far, Peru is a country of extremes. The countryside has ranged from some of the most desolate land I’ve ever seen to some of the most beautiful. The roads have either been outstanding (better highways better maintained than in the USA) or they have been almost impassable. The food has either been outstanding or regrettable. The people have all been extremely friendly and helpful. I’ve taken over 6000 photos of the people and countryside and hope to post a few here. I haven’t had reliable internet access anywhere, so I’m composing this blog offline and hope to upload when I get a chance. If I don’t get started now, I’ll be hopelessly behind!! Tom has been keeping a journal so I’m going to depend on him for details of what I have photographed along the way. To begin at the beginning see January 25/26. These posts run backwards so it should be the one before this one.

No comments: