Wednesday, February 4, 2009

January 28th

Nazca Lines

This was such a long day, I’m going to split it into three parts. Today is our 42nd wedding anniversary and we started the day out right by flying in a small plane over the Nazca Lines in Peru. Our pilot flew us over the Pampa Colorada and dipped and turned the plane so we could get good views of one of the greatest archeological mysteries of the world. There are 800 straight lines, 300 geometric figures, and 70 animal and plant drawings only visible from the air. I was also impressed by the landscape of this area from the air so I’ve included some general landscape photos, too. The first six photos are of the Nazca Lines but you’ll have to look hard to see them!! The Hummingbird, the Spider, the Monkey, the Condor, the Tree and Flower, and the Astronaut.

















1 comment:

alauaralu said...

Wait, the timing has gotten me all confused - you've already been to Maccu Picchu?
The Nazca pictures are incredible - I like how you took one with the vehicles so you can get a comparison of how big these things are.
And I want a copy of the one with you guys in front of that contraption you call an airplane.